CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Fettucini Alfredo


It may not be the healthiest thing, but on a cold night, with a fire and a movie, it is absolutely one of the most loved and comforting foods.


I thought I would give you a quick and easy way to make it.


1 pint heavy cream
1 stick of unsalted butter
1 cup Parmigiano reggiano
Black pepper
Dash of Salt
1lb whole wheat or spinach fettucini

DIRECTIONS:
On low-medium setting heat cream. Add stick of butter and wisk constantly. (It may be easier to cut up the butter into pieces so they blend easily.) Add cheese and black pepper to taste. Let
that mixture heat for 5-8 minutes until it is a thick cream. Boil water and cook pasta per package.


For a great dinner option, add some mushrooms and grilled chicken. For a vegiterian dish, try using spinach pasta!

4 comments:

Katelin said...

Mmm that look delish. I love Fettuccine!


Oh and Andrea, I have a food question for you. Well more like would you want to try a food and blog about it? Just email me back and let me know if you'd be interested :)

Scooter McFly said...

oh, i just found my new favorite blog. everything looks amazing and i'm totally going to make most, if not all, of this stuff!

Andréa said...

Katelin: Email sent ;-)

A Mental Fracture: Thanks. cooking is another one of my many passions!!

aschlee said...

i too am italian ...and my gosh girl I gotta tell ya your food is torture to look at ...it looks soooo good!