CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 14, 2008

Amazing Salmon


So... last night I was in dyer (sp?) need of protein. I have eaten like crappy ever since getting back from NY. I am talking Pizza, french fries and all around badness! So I looked up a grilled salmon recipe and it turned out amazing!

Take your salmon filet (with the skin on) and lay on a cutting board. Heat your grill (outside or in) to High and while the grill is heating mix marinade.
Marinade:
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons good soy sauce
6 tablespoons good olive oil
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon honey (I added this, because after we made it, both hubs and I wished it were a little sweeter) I would say add the honey and then taste the marinade. You can always add more if you like :)
Pour half the marinade on salmon and let sit for 10 min. After the 10 min and the grill is hot, place the salmon, skin side down on grill and cook for 4 - 5 min. Then flip to other side for another 4 -5 min. When salmon is removed from grill the middle will be slightly raw. That is ok! Add the left over marinade and cover with foil. Let stand 10 min.
Serve hot!

1 comments:

aschlee said...

oh my gosh my mouth is watering, that looks soooo good!