CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A great snack....


Well, if you like Garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas). Just for the record it is totally vegan and/or vegiterian.

Since I have random blood sugar, it decides to spike or drop at any moment, I always need to have snacks (packed with protein) so I don't collapse :)

This one I found in a cook book and I love it!


1 lemon (depending on juice and how much lemon flavor you love!)
4 sprigs fresh dill or rosemary
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 can chickpeas


Mix lemon juice, dill (chopped or torn) and olive oil in small bowl. Drain and rinse chickpeas. Poor chickpeas in bowl and mix thoroughly. If you like more a bland flavor, add more olive oil. If you like the tartness of the juice, add more lemon. I


This serves as a great side dish with shrimp, or by itself as a protein filled snack!


You can also make double the batch and stick it in the fridge for a couple of hours. I would recommend you not leave it maranating for more than 3 hours, as the acidity of the lemon will turn the chickpeas hard.


Enjoy!

0 comments: