CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 16, 2009

Banana Walnut Bread!


This morning I saw that my bananas had turned a little too brown to eat, so I thought I would make my dad's favorite...


Banana Walnut Bread!


1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup dark brown sugar

8 tablespoons of butter (1 stick)

2 large eggs

2 large bananas

1 tablespoon milk

2 tablespoons vegitable oil

1 teaspoon cinnamon

2 cups flour (there is a flour that is better for bread - I would recommend it for this)

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup of walnuts


Directions:


Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9 x5 x 3 inch loaf pan.


Cream the sugar and butter in a mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.


In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork and cinnamon. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.


Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour dissapears. Do Not over mix. If you do the batter will become very thick and stiff. Gently fold Walnuts into batter.


Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 1o minutes. Set aside to cool on rack for 15 minutes.


Serve hot with honey butter!

3 comments:

d.a.r. said...

This sounds delish!! I love your food blog :)

Bella said...

Hi Andrea... I made this the other day for my "ladies in" evening and they loved it... thanks for posting it!

I actually used to follow your other blog and haven't been able to since you've gone private.I'd love to continue to follow that one as well... my email is lovelifehappinessblog@gmail.com

Ciao, Bella!

honey said...

Yummy! can we try this without egg?