CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Pasta Fagioli!


The executive chef (EC) of my food blog sent me this recipe yesterday. He is a more advanced chef than myself, as he has some years on me, but he is a great contribution to this blog ;-) He's my dad... hee hee! And he is a phenominal chef!


So here is a fantastic winter recipe... Enjoy!!


Pasta Fagioli

2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 -3 pieces of Pancetta bacon cut into small pieces
2 cloves garlic
2 cans cannelloni beans
1 qt chicken stock
1 lb ditilini pasta (small tubes)
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon Rosemary
1 teaspoon Thyme
1 tablespoon Basil
Salt and pepper to taste


Directions:


1. Add olive oil to medium high heat pan. Brown pancetta until crispy.


2. Add garlic and brown - be careful not to burn. If there is a bitter flavor you have burnt the garlic.


3. Rinse and drain beans. Add beans and herbs to pan. Coof for approximately 10 minutes or until beans are softened.


4. Remove 1 cup of beans and purree in a food processor.


5. Return bean purree to mix. Add tomoatoes and chicken stock and let boil.


6. When the soup has reached a boil, turn the burner to a low heat and let simmer for 30 mintues.


7. In a seperate pan, cook pasta per directions. Do not rinse!


8. Add cooked pasta to soup and stir.


9. Add fresh grated Parmesean cheese and Enjoy!


Mangia!!

4 comments:

We Are Not Martha said...

This looks absolutely delicious! I love pancetta :)

Sues

La said...

Pasta fagioli! My favorite dish! Hey cuz...you got some real cuties commenting on your blog. Especially the two above me from Boston ;)

HM said...

You are my new best friend! Like seriously, I love this stuff!

gemma said...

Hi Andrea, I haven't been on your other blog for a few months and can't access it now. I found your blog as i was planning my wedding and am from an italian family too but in the UK. it was good to read how someone from a similar background lived but i've never left any comments before. Let me know if it would be ok to go on your site again and take care,
Gemma
my email is gemmaknight@doctors.net.uk
ps nice fagioli recipe