CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Deceptively Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies


So I bought this book a while back and I finally got around to making a recipe. I have been craving chocolate so I thought this was a great one to try. You see my hubs is like a child and only eats about 3 vegitables out of the 100, so I figured I would give it a go.

Recipe by Jessica Seinfeild - Decepetively Delicious

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
3/4 cup trans-fat free soft tub margarine spread
2 large egg whites
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 (15 - ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed. *She does non suggest pureing these, but after making them I would!*
2 Cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
3/4 cups raisins (optional)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.

In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the sugar and margarine with a wooden spoon or on medium speed until smooth. Beat in the egg whites and vanilla, then the chickpeas and chocolate chips. Add the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt, walnuts and raisins (if wanted,) and mix on a low speed until a thing dough forms.

Drop the dough by the tablespoonful onto the baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart. Press gently with a fork to flatten. Bake until the cookies are golden brown and just set, 11 to 13 mintues; do not overbake. Transfer to a rack to cool.

Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.

7 comments:

The Herd said...

So, were the cookies any good?
I saw your blog recipe when googling the recipe:).

Anonymous said...

The cookies are so delicious! They are moist and no one could even notice the chick peas until I told them. I pulsed the chick peas in my Magic Bullet instead of putting them in whole. Easy to make and I always burn cookies. These came out so perfect.

nothing said...

It mentions "oats" in your directions but I don't see it in the actual recipe ingredients list. I am confused!

Anonymous said...

Made this as my first recipe, too, and shared in your luck! They WERE super easy... and delicioso! I keep eating them! The recipe yielded 4 dozen cookies for me-- twice what the book said! How about you??

Anonymous said...

Please proof read this recipe. The directions say to add oats, but it is not listed in the ingredients. How much do we add?

Kirsten said...

I have found this recipe online in other places. I am currently making them as I type. My sources say 1/2 cup of oats.

Kuchenmeister said...

:) They did make twice as much for me, and i didn't need to puree them, they were fine with an extra minute or so with my kitchen aide mixer. It is 1/2 c oats. We all loved this recipe, and my friends were *trying* to taste the chickpeas and couldn't!!